Wednesday 26 January 2011

EuroNite - Last Week 1997



Last Wednesdays offering took us to Dublin in 1997, although on this occasion my night was totally destroyed by my DVD skipping and freezing throughout the broadcast.  I have no recollection of this occuring last time I viewed this particular year, and as it is my favoutite contest of the 1990s I know for a fact I would have remembered.


I had to abandon "The Great British Song Contest" fairly hastily as it kept freezing and skipping all the way through Sam Blue, and then jumping forward to Katrina before freezing completely.  The wretched DVD then proceeded to continue its worst all through the contest proper.  Despite removing and inspecting said disc for fingerprints/damage, and only locating two barely-there surface marks that I thought I had polished away, the whole night was fragmented.  I did manage to get it to play for a large part of the contest uninterrupted, but as we got to the later stages of the contest (VIP for Hungary, see above) the freezing recommenced. I was tearing my hair out at this point.


Obviously apart from it being my favourite contest of the 1990s  it was all the more disappointing as I missed Katrina (including the reprise), Boyzone in the interval and the whole of the vote as Carrie Crowley remained completely frozen on my screen.  I had no choice but to bring the curtain down early. 


I have set about the faulty disc with one of my husbands hammers, and a replacement will be sought in good time before this year comes round again.

No comments:

Post a Comment