Sunday 2 January 2011

Flemming Jorgensen 1947 - 2010



Flemming Jorgensen 1947 - 2010

Some very sad news to start the year with my ESC friends, with the death of Flemming Jorgensen, lead singer with Bamses Venner who represented Denmark at The Hague in 1980 with the delightful "Tænker altid på dig".  He passed away on New Years Eve following a heart attack.

A much underrated Danish entry in my opinion, but I always felt that the song itself would have fared a lot better had the language-rule not been in force back then, as the English language version "Miss You" is a proper heart-breaker.  That, and had he been a little more soberly dressed of course,  we are talking top 5 had that been the case.  To me the performance was always overshadowed by the choice of outfit, and the language barrier (unless you speak Danish I guess).

RIP Bamses.

No comments:

Post a Comment