Tuesday 21 December 2010

Latvia - Entries Online

Having listened to the Latvian entries (all 20 of them) I was rather stunned at what I considered to be the high quality of most of them.  Imagine my dismay when scouring the various Eurovision forums where very few shared my opinion.  Now, I'm not suggesting  I heard any potential winners here, far from it, but I felt the standard was very high and I'm not impressed with the general concencus of opinion "Boring" "Snoozefest" "Ordinary".  I have heard a hell of a lot worse over the years!!  I do agree with one thing, there could have been a couple of Lavian language efforts to vary the content.


The only entry that seems to gaining any favour is one of the very few I ditched before the 3 minutes were up, so poor did I consider it.  Lauris Reiniks, who I remember as one member of F.L.Y., has returned as a soloist with a song entitled "Banjo Laura".  I hate it.  I can only think that it is his popularity in Latvia that is carrying him on, because the song is awful.  If it should get the Latvian nod then it is a certain non-qualifier (surely Latvian TV aren't still paying for Marie Ns win of years ago....).  I would wager good money that the winner will be found elsewhere. 


Narrowed it down to three I like:


"Live On!" - Oksana Lepska
"Cinderella" - Ivo Grisnins-Grislis
"Summer Night" - The Secretz






The songs are all here: Latvian Pre Selection


****


No EuroNite this week due to a late work finish, back to normal on Wednesday 29th December.

No comments:

Post a Comment