Saturday 11 December 2010

Switzerland - Anna Rossinelli Wins




The result of the Swiss National Final is now known, and it is congratulations to Anna Rossinelli who has triumphed with "In Love For A While".  On the downside It does appear that the Swiss Televoters and experts have plumped for a rather "safe" and Lena-Like option (suspect the contest will be full of Lena-a-Likes next year, you heard it here first).  What cannot be disputed of course is that it is a vast improvement on Michael van der Heides effort of 12 months ago.

I did think that all the pre-final favourites were nothing special, and looks like the televoters agreed.

Probable qualifier, but not a winner in my opinion.  I'll stand by my earlier assertion that we shall not be in Lausanne in 2012.

***

First UK rumour to surface seems to indicate that we may finally be returning to ways of old by internally selecting a well-known performer.  Last time we did this was with Frances Ruffelle in 1994 (of who more on Wednesday).

Names in the frame appear to be all female - Charlotte Church, Pixie Lott and Katherine Jenkins.  At least we know they can all sing!!  Although Charlottes reputation often proceeds her, she would be my choice of the three.  Pixie would secure the youth-vote and little else (not many grannies would have heard of her) and I haven't heard Katherine do anything but classical, which doesn't particularly inspire.

I am told to expect an announcement shortly, but knowing the BBC I am not holding my breath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment