Thursday 18 November 2010

Enjoyed last nights EuroNite, musically speaking of course.  It is hard to disagree with Terry Wogans priceless remark "It was a sorry day for us all when this man won last year", but I am right about one thing - a few glasses of Dry White really does numb the pain of the most excruciating voting sequence in the contests history.  Luckily my husband was spared the sight of me drunkingly rambling "..shut the *** up you Italian ***...", as he came back from the pub just as Carolas wind machine was being cranked up for the reprise.


I am no fan of either of the tied winners, then or now.  The best songs (in my opinion anyway) were also rans (as ever).  Dulce Pointes is my favourite Portuguese entry ever by some distance, and I also liked Maltas effort "Could It Be" (still sounds to me as if it was written for a Disney movie).  Pity that the broadcast was spoilt by Toto Cutugno and a set cobbled together with rusty girders.


******


A slight panic ahead of next Wednesday.  Every January I do a quick audit of all my Eurovision DVDs, making sure they are all in their correct boxes and arranged in order.  Last time I did this there were three missing (I occasionally am too tired (or drunk possibly...) to remove the disc from the player), and although two were quickly located the other one, 1992, was nowhere to be found.  I remember last time that one came around my hubby had the manflu and didn't go out, so I was banished to the bedroom to get my weekly Euro-fix.


I used an old DVD player we had in the spare room instead of carting our main one upstairs, and I'm sure I must have forgotten to take the disc out.  Said DVD player is now missing (I am told it was believed broken and taken to the tip - didn't anyone check what was in it first?), and so I am one disc down.  Ordered a replacement 2 weeks ago, and although I am told it is on it's way it has still not arrived (I wont bore with the shocking state of Royal Mail in my part of Cheshire).  Fingers crossed it appears before next Wednesday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment