Wednesday 3 November 2010

A Swiss Struggle....

Signed up to participate in the Swiss pre-selection process - I almost wish I hadn't as it turns out that their web-selection contains in the region of 300 (yes 300) entries.  Talk about being over-faced, I barely knew where to start.  Thought the easiest way would be to disregard anyone I hadn't heard of (roughly 95% of the performers) and work backwards.  Listened to efforts from DQ, Todomondo and (bizarrely) multi-Irish NF participant Maggie Toal (who has two entries would you believe) - my patience was finally rewarded when discovering that an old favourite Swiss-Euro-Songstress of years past, Mariella Farre has also entered.  I thought that as long as she retained a shred of her undoubted ability from back then my search would stop here - and stop here it did.  My 4 votes have all gone her way, whether in vain or not remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment