Wednesday 3 November 2010

Wednesday Night Is EuroNite - 1990

Wednesday nights mean only one thing in my house - EuroNite - the one night a week I spend reminiscing in front of a contest past (and the odd UK Song For Europe as well).  I have copies of all contests from 1965-2010, and watch them chronologically throughout the year.  Hubby is booted out of the house (doesn't need much persuading) so I can have the lights off, a solitary candle lit, and a glass or 7 of dry white while wallowing in glorious nostalgia.

I am currently at 1990 (been scouring the net for a piccy of Euro-Cat to no avail), meaning one of my most loathed winners (and performer come to that).  The insufferable Toto Cutegno.  Why is it, when Italy had so many fantastic entries in other years they win with a big-headed egotist.

My idea of the winner that year was this one - Iceland. Call it Eurovision-by-Numbers, or formulaic Euro-pap if you must, but I absolutely loved it then.  I have a great nights entertainment to look forward to (ignoring the one that won of course).



No comments:

Post a Comment